GREEN UNIT STAFF NEWSLETTER
Week beginning Sunday 6th May 2018
|Sunday 6th||Weekly staff meeting
ASDAN Ceremony rehearsal
ASDAN Achievement Ceremony
|Monday 7th||Seniors and SWS assembly (GSA)
SWS to Al Corniche Club
Junior boys swimming
Senior boys swimming
|Tuesday 8th||Seniors to Palms PE
Heads meeting with director
6th Form Students & Leavers Dinner
|Wednesday 9th||Infants swimming
Infants and juniors assembly
SWS boys swimming (cancelled)
|Thursday 10th||Work experience – English Playgroup (tbc)|
GREEN UNIT UPDATES
ASDAN Award Ceremony – 6th May
- The final rehearsal will take place on Sunday. All students involved in the Ceremony should arrive to school at 6.00 pm to ensure we have enough preparation time.
- Finally, thank you all for your assistance with the ASDAN Ceremony. I am sure the event will be well received by students, parents and guests. I truly appreciate the help you offered in any area, thank you again. Miss Dominique, Mrs. Laura Mr. Hamilton and Mr. Nasser created absolutely fabulous decoration and should be especially congratulated on their project.
- Special thanks must also go to the school maintenance team Mr. Ali and Mrs. Elinor – we are forever grateful for your assistance.
- All GU reports will be available on School Portal on Tuesday 12th June.
- Ramadan will most probably begin on Wednesday 16 or Thursday 17th of May
- All students (with exceptions to Main School Prep Department – KG & Reception) will end school day at 1.30 pm. Ramadan timetables will be shared with students and parents. Please note that there might be some changes to PE schedule.
GU calendar updates – April/May 2018
- ASDAN Ceremony – 6th May
- 6th Form & Leavers Dinner – 9th May
- Possible start of Ramadan/Ramadan timetable – 17th May (tbc)
- Achievement Assembly – 20th May
- Revision for infants & juniors – 20th to 24th
- Revision for seniors – 27th to 31st
- Assessment for infants & juniors – 27th to 31st
- Exams for seniors – 31st May to 7th June
Photos of the week