10th June 2018
Preparatory and Infant Department
Parents’ Weekly Newsletter
WHAT’S COMING UP
Week Beginning Sunday 10th June 2018
|Sunday 10th June|
|Monday 11th June|
|Tuesday 12th June||Last day of school for children. Issue of reports|
|Wednesday 13th June|
|Thursday 14th June|
THIS WEEK’S TOP STORIES AND INFORMATION
The year has come to an end! I am thrilled with how well all of the children in Prep. and Infants have developed this year. If we look back to what they were like at the beginning of the year and what they are like now, the change is huge. I would like to thank all of the teachers, assistants and other staff in school who have helped with the children’s development. I would also like to thank you, as parents, for all of your support and trust you have given to us. Without that we would be able to do so much less in school.
I hope everyone has the most wonderful summer whether you are travelling or not. Please remember that the most important thing you can give your children in time.
Try and avoid electronic devices as much as possible and if your child is using them, please check the parental settings. We have had children accessing sites and games that are inappropriate. The centre for child Protection in Kuwait has found that 20 to 30% of children in Kuwait have been exposed to porn.
School reports will be out on June 12th via the school portal. Just a reminder on how you should access your school portal:
- Go to www.kes.edu.kw
- Click on the School Portal on the top right hand corner of the screen
- Enter your user name – (your user name is your email which you have provided the school with)
- Enter the password you have created. You have now logged in to your School Portal. You can now view the report by clicking on School Reports tab. If you have forgotten your password please proceed to step 5.
- Click on forgotten your password
- You will be asked to enter your email and then click on Reset my password
- Go to your email and check an email you have received from SCHOOL PORTAL
- Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password (The link to rest the password is valid only for half an hour)
- Go back to the School portal and proceed to step number 2
If after logging in to the school portal you find a message ‘no pupils linked to the account’, you will have to contact the accounts department to pay any outstanding school fees, bus fees, chromebooks, Library books, after school club fees etc.
Reminder – Start of next School Year
Registration Day for KG, Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 – Thursday 30th August 2018 between 8.30 and 12.30
Start of School – Sunday 2nd September 2018
Please come to the Preparatory/Infant Department in order to complete the registration process. Your children may come to meet their teacher on this day.
- You will meet their child’s teacher and see the classroom in preparation for the first day of school.
- Security cards will be issued.
- Name cards for wearing during the first week of school will be issued.
- Emergency contact numbers will be confirmed.
- Bus passes will be issued after arrangement with the Transport Manager.