|Sunday 30th||Clubs start
SWS boys swimming
|Monday 1st||Weekly assembly (seniors and SWS)
Work experience start (Kidzania)
Upper seniors boys swimming
|7.50 – 8.30am
|Tuesday 2nd||Mufti Day (Burgan)
Junior boys swimming/girls PE
Parental Workshop (Arabic Curriculum part 1)
|Wednesday 3rd||Infants and juniors to Kidzania
Infants swimming – cancelled
SWS to Babtain LIbrary
Weekly assembly (infants and juniors)
Junior girls swimming/boys PE
Parental Workshop (Arabic Curriculum part 2)
10.10 – 10.40am
|Thursday 4th||SWS to Al Corniche (PE)
Seniors to Palms (Elective)
Quotes of the week
Green Unit updates
Parental Workshop – Tuesday 2rd and Wednesday 3rd October at 5.30 pm
- Next workshops (Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd) will focus on Arabic Language and Islamic Studies curriculum.
This year GU senior students were offered work experience at The English Playgroup in Salwa, Kidzania Kuwait and The Hub Gallery. As always, our staff will monitor the work experience process and ensure students are supported at all times.
- GU clubs will start on Sunday 30th September. All clubs are well planned, in line with our curriculum and provide opportunities to develop new skills and expand students knowledge.
- Gentle reminder: infants clubs will end at 2.30 pm; juniors and seniors start their extracurricular activities at 2.45 and end at 3.45 pm.
Uniform, PE & Swimming
- We noticed that some students are not having correct school uniform – often formal school shoes are replaced with trainers, winter shirts are used (sleeves are rolled up), etc. Senior students should be shaving regularly. Senior boys are not allowed to attend main school breaks if they are not following the school rules.
- At KES Green Unit we are very committed to offer all students access to a well balanced curriculum that includes Physical Education classes. However, a number of students regularly fail to bring the required PE uniform and swimming kit. Please let us know if your son or daughter is not allowed to participate in Sports activities due to the specific health reason. In such case, doctor report should be submitted to the school nurse. Otherwise, swimming and PE are part of our curriculum hence all students should attend planned sessions.
Mufti Day – 2nd October
- There will be a Burgan Mufti Day for all KES students on Tuesday 2nd October. Letter with information was emailed to all parents. I would like to thank you for your support, teaching young people how to be compassionate and caring is indeed a mission worth every effort.
- Term 1 IEPs will be available on School Portal on Thursday 11th October.
GU calendar updates – September/October
- GU Term 1 clubs start – 30th September
- GU Parental workshop – Arabic curriculum part 1 – 2nd October
- GU Parental workshop – Arabic curriculum part 2 & Islamic Studies – 3rd October
- Mufti Day – Burgan – 2nd October
- IEPs to parents – 11th October
- Parents Day (no students) – Tuesday 16th October
Photos of the week