I’m sure you will all agree it has been a very busy and successful first term at The Green Unit!
Apart from getting students settled into their daily routine and immersed in their academic work, we have achieved quite a lot over the past few months.
This year we are focusing on International Community and cultural diversity. A number of events are planned throughout all three terms of 2018-2019 to educate students on multiculturalism and how it can lead to one vibrant, global community. Students are learning that in order to build communities that are successful at improving conditions and resolving problems, we need to understand and appreciate many cultures, establish relationships with people from countries and cultures other than our own. In line with the theme of this year, students participated in the Art and Music Competition marking a 100 years of Polish independence as well as contributed to the Colours of Palestine Art Project. Infants and juniors took us around the world in just two hours of their fabulous concert that was held in November. Students were confident and thoroughly enjoyed performing on stage.
Other highlights in this term include our annual Sports Day, well attended by both students and parents. This year the house trophy, decorated proudly with blue ribbons, went to Burgan Team – well done to all students and staff who participated.
This letter wouldn’t be complete without mentioning Healthy Lifestyle Week, Quran Competition, Cancer Awareness Week, International Dot Day, Achievement Assembly, several educational field trips and social outings. Students also participated in our extracurricular programme to develop their knowledge and interests through activities such as the Robotics Club, Fashion Show, ASDAN, Japan Club, etc.
All the above events were very successful and most importantly, enhanced our students experience.
For your information please find below a look ahead to our term 2 events. More details can be found in our term 2 calendar which was shared with all parents.
- First Day of term 2 – 6th January
- Term 2 & 3 clubs start – 21st January
- Issue of new infants and juniors IEPs – 24th January
- International Storytelling Week – 27th to 31st January
- Issue of seniors reports – 31st January
- Issue of new seniors IEPs – 7th February
- National and Liberation Day Celebration – 21st February
- National and Liberation Day Holiday Sunday 24th to Thursday 28th February
- Inservice Day for staff, NO STUDENTS – 7th March
- Change to summer uniform – 10th March
- Parents Day – NO STUDENTS – 14th March
- History Day for infants and juniors – 20th March
- International Autism Day – 2th April
- International Day – 7th April
- GU trip to Italy – 11th April
- Last day of term 2 is 11th April
As always, the Green Unit staff and I feel honoured to be a part of your child’s life. We thank you for your trust and are looking forward to working with you in term two.
I would like to wish you a pleasant holiday and a prosperous new year 2019.
May God Bless you and Your Family
Green Unit Headteacher