- International Robotics Competition Istanbul 2019
- VEX Robotics Competitions are prestigious events held in more than 45 countries with the participation of 8500 teams. The first ever VEX Robotics team of Kuwait was founded by the Green Unit of Kuwait English School. The team competed as the ROBOKES.
- The participants were from the GU Robotics club and included: Cameron Maclachlan, Julian Smuts, Khalifah Al Shareedah, Mohammad Al Askar, Osamah Al Kazemi and Saeed Al Barqawi. The ROBOKES brought home the Judges Award from the İstanbul VEX Robotics Competition which was held on the 10th May. The judges expressed that the members of the ROBOKES team showed exceptional team spirit throughout their interactions, not only within their own team but with other teams during the event.
- Special thanks to Mr. Mehmet, Mrs. Diana and Mrs. Maryna who prepared our students. Well done ROBOKES!
- VEX Robotics Competition Istanbul 2019
- Following ROBOKES success, a representative group of the team, Julian L Smuts and Khalifah Al Shareedah were invited to appear on KTV2. This programme highlighted their high performance at the competition and will be broadcasted on Sunday 26th May at 10.00 pm on KTV2
- Gurgiyan Celebration and The Hope visit
- The Hope Foundation visited Green Unit on Thursday and distributed Gurgiyan gifts to all students. It was a very enjoyable day, our youngest students had an opportunity to celebrate Gurgiyan in a traditional way. Children wore traditional costumes, exchanged small gifts and share Gurgiyan sweets.
- Huge thanks to Arabic Department for supervising the event.
- End of Year Achievement Assembly
- All GU students will attend the Achievement Assembly on Sunday 19th May. Students who achieved best academic results in different subjects and those who applied best effort will be awarded special certificates. Congratulations to students, we are very proud of you.
- Exams and assessment
- GU term 3 examinations will start on Tuesday 14th May. All students should be present during exams, please note that we will not allow students repeat any exams as this is against KES policy. In case of a serious medical/health emergency exception could be allowed however, this will only happen when we have a valid doctor report.
- Students should arrive to school in the morning and attend the regular flag raising assembly. Infants and GLP students should arrive directly to the unit.
- In case of students arriving late, exam results will be reduced, therefore it is extremely important to ensure your son/daughter will be at school on time (by 8.30 am at the latest)