On behalf of the Green Unit, I am happy to welcome you to our department.
- The Green Unit is an innovative and forward-looking Special Educational Needs and Disabilities department for students who experience learning difficulties and disabilities [LD] including speech and language barriers, as well as mental health challenges.
- The department is a small, close-knit community of learners, and we are proud of the strong ethos of family and community we have nurtured.
- We aim to be one of the best Special Education learning environments where students can thrive and fully develop their skills in order to take an active and responsible role in their local community and beyond as Global Citizens and ambassadors for students with disabilities.
- We also recognise and celebrate that each student is unique and different, and so an Individual Educational Plan (IEP) is designed for every student, in every class and for every lesson.
Green Unit is
- Inclusive – we welcome students of all backgrounds, abilities and talents to learn and develop together as a close-knit community
- Inspiring, Challenging and Encouraging – we believe students learn best when they are inspired to inquire and ask questions.
- Personalised – we recognise that every child is unique and that they will grow and learn in different rates and ways.
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students can meet their highest potential. We recognise that in order to be academically successful, students need support at home and school. Working together will make a great difference in your child’s development.
Finally, the Green Unit staff and I feel privileged to be a part of your sons/daughters life. We thank you for your trust and look forward to meeting you.
Green Unit Headteacher