|Kidzania Kuwait event (GJV + select senior students)
SWS boys swimming
|Weekly assembly (seniors and SWS)
Work experience (Kidzania/EPG)
Seniors boys swimming
|7.50 – 8.30am
|Senior boys swimming/girls PE
Junior boys swimming/girls PE
Weekly assembly (Infants and Juniors)
Junior girls swimming/boys PE
SHS Parent’s Evening (year 9/10) – integration students
10.10 – 10.40am
|Staff Inservice Day – no students
SHS Parent’s Day (year 7, 11, 12, 13) – integration students
Quotes of the week
Green Unit updates
Breast Cancer Awareness Week
- My sincere thanks to Miss. Dom, Mrs. Emma, Mrs. Debbie and all staff involved in the Breast Cancer Awareness Week. This was a sixth form project, they have planned the event and ensured all activities were well prepared. I am personally very impressed with the level of maturity and dedication displayed by our senior students. Well done.
GLP morning duty
- Starting from Sunday 28th October GLP morning duty will take place in the garden. Weather is improving, our garden is a pleasant environment to begin a day. Mrs. Keiko and Mrs. Mubeen will prepare resources that can be used in the morning.
- Select GU students were invited to attend the launch of the new educational programme – Microsoft offered by Kidzania Kuwait. Students and staff will leave at 9.00am on Sunday 28th October..
GU inset – 1st November
- On Thursday 1st November GU staff will have the inservice day hence there will be no school for students. Teachers will provide additional homework for students to ensure learning won’t be affected.
Healthy lifestyle week – 4th to 8th November
- Healthy lifestyle week is fast approaching. Aerobics and wake-up/shake-up sessions are already planned In addition, Mr. Tolis is organising a healthy meal for senior students, mediterranean dishes will be prepared by the chef from the Greek restaurant and served to students in the garden. Younger students will be offered healthy snacks after their aerobics sessions.
Infants and junior concert – 8th November
- Huge thanks to Mrs. Homa, Mrs. Kasia and all infant and junior staff for planning and organising this year’s concert. I am sure students will be fantastic and made us proud.
GU calendar updates – September/October
- Midterm holiday – 21st to 25th October
- GU Inservice/SHS Parents Day – Thursday 1st November
- Healthy Lifestyle Week – 4th to 8th November
- Infants and Juniors concert – 8th November
- Remembrance Day – Flag Raising Ceremony – Sunday 11th November
- Anti Bullying week – 11th to 15th November
- Red Crescent Concert – 15th and 16th November
- BSO pre-inspection visit – 18th and 19th November
Photos of the week
Breast Cancer Awareness week