Kuwait English School was established in 1978 by the present School Chairman, Mr. Mohamed Jassim Al Saddah and the current School Director, Mrs. Rhoda Elizabeth Muhmood; both of whom shared a passion for education. The school opened in a modest villa in September 1979. In 1984, with a population of some 1500 students of all ages, a purpose-built school was opened. Since that time there have been innumerable developments to ever improve the facilities and the quality of education.
In 1991 a specialised learning department “The Green Unit” was opened to cater for students with learning disabilities; this department has become an icon for recognising and nurturing talent, however modest or concealed and providing the students with useful life skills along with confidence.
It will be evident from our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook feeds that, week by week, throughout the school year, new history is created through the many activities of each Department. Always, one will find some activity of interest, both in school hours and after school time, be it sporting, dramatic, artistic, musical etc. Complementing rigorous and challenging curriculum opportunities, life-enhancing experiences are provided in abundance. Our KES students, at every level, have confidence in their abilities, self esteem and to constantly develop an attitude ‘To Give Of Their Very Best.’