GREEN UNIT NEWSLETTER
Week beginning Sunday 11th February 2018
|Weekly staff meeting (room 1)
Seniors and SWS assembly (Arabic)
Junior boys swimming
Senior boys swimming
|Work experience (Kidzania)
Seniors to Palms (PE)
Heads meeting with director
|Work experience (The English School, Salmiya tbc)
Flower Mufti Day
Kidzania Work Experience Ceremony
Infants and juniors assembly (Arabic)
SWS boys swimming
|Work experience (The English Playgroup) tbc
GREEN UNIT UPDATES
- Flower Mufti Day
- We are ready with the special programme for the Flower Mufti Day. Games and activities will be organised during break times (infants, juniors and SWS).
- Work experience
- Our senior students were presented with certificates on completion of their work experience programme at the Nissan Al Babtain. Representatives of the company came to the unit on Sunday to celebrate success and praised students’ commitment. Next group of boys will begin their work experience in March.
- Girls working at the Kidzania are invited to the small ceremony on Wednesday 14th of February. We received very positive feedback from the Kidzania, girls worked with passion and made us proud. Well done. The English School, Salmiya and The English Playgroup, Salwa work experience programmes will also be starting over the coming weeks.
- National Day Celebration rehearsals
- There will be a full rehearsal on Wednesday 14th February in the main hall. Other rehearsals may be scheduled according to the availability of the hall.
- Thank you to Mr Waleed and all of the Arabic and Islamic staff for your hard work to prepare the students for the celebrations.
- GU calendar updates – January & February
- Celebration of lights – 20th February
- GU National and Liberation Day Celebration & Mufti Day – 21st February
- GU Trip to Greece – 22nd February
- National and Liberation Day Holiday – Sunday 25th to Thursday 1st March
- GU Inset – no students – 8th March
- Change to summer uniform – 11th March
- Infants & Juniors Special Assembly for Parents – 21st March
- GU Parents Day – 29th March